The Texas Heritage Songwriters Association & Jack Ingram Present ‘TEXAS SONGWRITER U’
Texas has always produced more than its fair share of excellent songwriters over the years and many of these songwriters have moved to Nashville and made significant contributions to the music industry. However, we have learned from artist relations companies such as ASCAP and BMI that this trend has slowed down during the last decade. The Texas Heritage Songwriters Association has collaborated with Jack Ingram and the Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) to bring you TEXAS SONGWRITER U (TxSU).
The goal of the TxSU is to keep the art and craft of songwriting alive and well in the great state of Texas. TxSU will be working with universities, communications outlets, music departments, Texas artists and recording studios in an effort to discover excellent songwriters and assist them in becoming better songwriters.
TxSU is inviting all Texas native songwriters, Texas resident songwriters, and those who have lived in Texas for five years, who are over the age of 18, to participate in Texas Songwriter U.
The winner receives:
- Opening for Jack Ingram at a landmark Texas venue (travel expenses paid)
- An all-day recording studio demo session at the famed Arlyn Studios of Austin, Texas
- Opportunity to co-write one song with Jack Ingram and Liz Rose
- Performance Opportunity at the 2019 MJM (Mack, Jack & McConaughey) AFTER-PICK PARTY (travel expenses NOT paid)
- Two performances and a three-night-stay at the 2019 Key West Songwriters Festival (travel AND hotel paid)
- A six-night, venue-paying residency at Key West’s Smokin’ Tuna Saloon (travel NOT paid)
The contest deadline is October 1, 2018. For more information and to submit your entry, click HERE.