Willie Nelson, Kris Krisofferson, Kacey Musgraves, & More Sing Johnny Cash Poetry
When Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash passed on they left behind a "treasure trove of undiscovered material that includes Johnny Cash’s handwritten letters, poems and documents, penned across the entirety of his life," according to their son, John.
Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, will release Johnny Cash: Forever Words on April 6.
According to the press release: "The tone of the album is established with the opening track “Forever/I Still Miss Someone” featuring Kris Kristofferson reciting the last poem Cash ever wrote alongside guitar accompaniment from Willie Nelson, both lifelong friends of Johnny. Continuing the close-to-home theme, the music then transitions to the deeply personal “To June This Morning,” a letter Johnny wrote to his wife, June Carter Cash, now interpreted by real-life couple Ruston Kelly and Kacey Musgraves."
Johnny Cash: Forever Words. Pre-order the album now.
- Forever/I Still Miss Someone – Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson
- To June This Morning – Ruston Kelly and Kacey Musgraves
- Gold All Over the Ground – Brad Paisley
- You Never Knew My Mind – Chris Cornell
- The Captain’s Daughter – Alison Krauss and Union Station
- Jellico Coal Man – T. Bone Burnett
- The Walking Wounded – Rosanne Cash
- Them Double Blues – John Mellencamp
- Body on Body – Jewel
- I’ll Still Love You – Elvis Costello
- June’s Sundown – Carlene Carter
- He Bore It All – Daily and Vincent
- Chinky Pin Hill – I’m With Her
- Goin’, Goin’, Gone – Robert Glasper featuring Ro James, and Anu Sun
- What Would I Dreamer Do? – The Jayhawks
- Spirit Rider – Jamey Johnson