‘Gentle Giants: The Songs of Don Williams,’ Features an All-Star Lineup
Don Williams retired from performing last year, concluding a Country Music Hall of Fame career spanning five-decades, CMA, and ACM Awards, and 17 No. 1 hits.
It was announced this week that Williams’ longtime producer and friend Garth Fundis has produced a tribute album with talent fit for a man of Williams' stature. Dierks Bentley, Garth Brooks, Brandy Clark, Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires, Alison Krauss, Lady Antebellum, Keb’ Mo’, Pistol Annies, John Prine, Chris and Morgane Stapleton and Trisha Yearwood all lend their voices to Gentle Giants: The Songs of Don Williams.
The 11-track album will be released on Friday, May 26. Williams’ birthday is the following day.
“It has been my privilege to work frequently with Don through the years, and I’m proud to honor him with this new project,” said Fundis. “All of the artists on the album have been huge Don Williams fans for years. It makes the entire project very personal and very meaningful.”
According to the release, all guest artist performances on the album were generously donated in support of MusiCares®, the charitable foundation created by The Recording Academy.
Gentle Giants: The Songs of Don Williams Track Listing:
1. “Tulsa Time” – Pistol Annies
2. “I Believe in You” – Brandy Clark
3. “We’ve Got a Good Fire Goin'” – Lady Antebellum
4. “Some Broken Hearts Never Mend” – Dierks Bentley
5. “Amanda” – Chris Stapleton feat. Morgane Stapleton
6. “Till The Rivers All Run Dry” – Alison Krauss
7. “Love Is On A Roll” – John Prine feat. Roger Cook
8. “If I Needed You” – Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires
9. “Maggie’s Dream” – Trisha Yearwood
10. “Lord I Hope This Day is Good” – Keb’ Mo’
11. “Good Ole Boys Like Me” – Garth Brooks