The Latest on Wade Bowen’s ‘Solid Ground,’ Plus Hear ‘Day of the Dead’
Wade Bowen’s highly anticipated, Solid Ground, will be released February 9, 2018.
From Rolling Stone Country, Bowen wrote or co-wrote ten songs on Solid Ground, "Day of the Dead" was written solely by Keith Gattis, who produced the album. "He asked me to help him finish it, to which I replied, 'Man, it's done and so bad ass.' I couldn't wait to record it at that point. The imagery and mood that this song conjures up transport you directly to the deep West Texas desert that I've grown to know and love."
“Saying ‘this is my Texas album’ seems like an obvious statement from a guy who’s sweated it out in as many beer halls as I have…but Gattis pushed me harder on my writing than I’d ever been challenged before,” says Bowen. “Each morning, he and I got to the studio hours before the band to write, so the album’s sound was unfolding organically as we were recording it which unified the mood and grit of the whole thing.”
Here is the full tracklist for Solid Ground, click here to hear "Day of the Dead."
1. “Couldn’t Make You Love Me” (Wade Bowen, Keith Gattis, Audley Freed)
2. “Day of the Dead” (Keith Gattis)
3. “So Long 6th Street” (Feat. Jack Ingram and Miranda Lambert) (Bowen, Gattis)
4. “Broken Glass” (Feat. Lucie Silvas) (Bowen)
5. “Death, Dyin’ and Deviled Eggs” (Feat. Jon Randall) (Bowen, Randall)
6. “7:30” (Bowen, Angaleena Presley, Waylon Payne)
7. “Acuña” (Feat. Lucie Silvas) (Bowen, Gattis, Freed)
8. “Compass Rose” (Bowen and Andrew Combs)
9. “Anchor” (Feat. Lucie Silvas) (Bowen and Jeremy Spillman)
10. “Fell in Love on Whiskey” (Bowen and Charlie Worsham)
11. “Calling All Demons” (Bowen and Seth James)