Whiskey Myers Cranks it Up to One Hunnerd, Drops New Single ‘Die Rockin”
Looks like all of our assumptions were correct. Today Whiskey Myers released a new single titled "Die Rockin'," just days after wiping their Instagram account clean leading to speculation that they had new music for us.
Rolling Stone caught with the guys ahead of the release and front man Cody Cannon told the publication, “I wrote ‘Die Rockin’’ with the legendary Ray Wylie Hubbard and it really sums up this rock & roll life of ours. We’re consumed by music and are such fans of the legends that came before us. We’re out there on the road and in the studio trying to pay homage to those greats that have inspired this generation while we strive to create some magic of our own.”
Whiskey Myers guitarist John Jeffers adds, “We’ve been fortunate in our careers to work with some incredible producers, however self-producing gave us the freedom to try every crazy idea in the studio, which got us to this place where we are completely satisfied with the end result and more excited than ever to get this new music out to our fans.”
And if there were was anyone still wondering what type of music these guys are making, this one will handle that question. Whiskey Myers head to Soldier Field in Chicago on June 25th to open for The Rolling Stones.
Here is the track list for Whiskey Myers, which will be out this fall.
1. “Die Rockin’” (Cody Cannon, Ray Wylie Hubbard)
2. “Mona Lisa” (Cody Cannon)
3. “Rolling Stone” (Cody Cannon, Adam Hood)
4. “Bitch” (John Jeffers)
5. “Gasoline” (Cody Cannon)
6. “Bury My Bones” (John Jeffers, Tennessee Jet)
7. “Glitter Ain’t Gold” (John Jeffers)
8. “Houston County Sky” (Cody Cannon)
9. “Little More Money” (Cody Cannon)
10. “California to Caroline” (Cody Cannon, Aaron Raitiere, Mark Stephen Jones)
11. “Kentucky Gold” (Cody Cannon, Aaron Raitiere, Dave Kennedy)
12. “Running” (Cody Cannon, Brent Cobb)
13. “Hammer” (Cody Cannon)
14. “Bad Weather” (John Jeffers)