Pat Green Tribute Album, ‘Dancehall Dreamin,’ Gets April Release
Pat Green will receive the gift of a lifetime on his birthday, April 5th when Dancehall Dreamin': A Tribute to Pat Green is released. The album includes an all-star line-up of the-best-of-the-best on the Texas scene who have recorded Green’s beloved songs.
The album honors his musical legacy and his considerable contribution as a trailblazer who paved the way for an endless list of Texas artists making their mark on a national scale.
With over two million albums sold and three Grammy nominations under his belt as a songwriter, Green has left an indelible mark on fans and his his peers alike. Critically acclaimed, Green is widely praised and has been touted as “the Springsteen of the Southwest” by People, while USA Today claimed, “Green is the heartland rocker that country music has needed for years.”
“I’ve seen a million miles of highway go by the windshield in my bus," says Green. "I’ve gotten to entertain millions of people throughout my life. I didn’t see this coming at all. I didn’t know that my friends would all get together and record my songs, but I feel nothing but gratitude towards all of them. Not just the singers and the songwriters that came out and sang, but the musicians– the drummers, the guitar players, the violin players, the piano players, the bass players. Thank you so much to all of you guys for participating in something that means so much to me. I’ve been a musician forever, but I didn’t see this one coming– thank you."
Notable tracks include: Aaron Watson’s performance of “Crazy,” Randy Rogers Band’s rendition of “Three Days,” featuring Radney Foster, Kevin Fowler performing “Southbound 35,” Drew Holcomb’s take on “Dancehall Dreamer,” and Josh Abbott Band on “Take Me Out to a Dancehall.”
Dwight Baker served as producer for William Clark Green’s version of “Wrapped,” Thomas Dulin produced Drew Holcomb’s “Dancehall Dreamer,” while Green’s longtime drummer Justin Pollard produced the remainder of the album. The album is stacked with renowned artists paying homage to Green while putting their personal stamp on his music. The album takes the listener on a journey through decades of Green’s history.
Green will hit the road at the end of the month making stops from Key West to New York City, Boston, Dallas and Austin, before joining Aaron Watson, Koe Wetzel, Josh Weathers, and Read Southall Band at our Bud Light Red Dirt BBQ & Music Festival, presented by Tyler Ford, on May 5th
Dancehall Dreamin': A Tribute to Pat Green Track List:
1. “Wrapped” – William Clark Green
2. “Three Days” – Randy Rogers Band featuring Radney Foster
3. “Nightmare” – John Baumann
4. “Wave On Wave” – Jack Ingram
5. “Take Me Out to a Dancehall” – Josh Abbott Band
6. “Crazy” – Aaron Watson
7. “Washington Avenue” – Walt Wilkins
8. “Adios Days” – Cory Morrow
9. “Dancehall Dreamer” – Drew Holcomb
10. “Southbound 35” – Kevin Fowler
11. “Wrapped”: Story Behind the Song
12. “Three Days”: Story Behind the Song
13. “Nightmare”: Story Behind the Song
14. “Wave On Wave”: Story Behind the Song
15. “Take Me Out to a Dancehall”: Story Behind the Song
16. “Crazy”: Story Behind the Song
17. “Washington Avenue”: Story Behind the Song
18. “Adios Days”: Story Behind the Song
19. “Dancehall Dreamer”: Story Behind the Song
20. “Southbound 35”: Story Behind the Song