William Clark Green Explains Himself + Deep Cuts from ‘Rose Queen’ [Distant Replay]
Not that William Clark Green needs to explain anything to anyone, but when he stopped by three years ago he was nice enough to fill us in on why he broke a promise he'd made to us in this week's Distant Replay.
Here's what we learned from Will's Radio Texas, LIVE! visit way back in 2014.
1. Parking tickets suck. Especially when you get them for being responsible.
2. Cities should dismiss parking tickets, if you leave your truck downtown overnight because you are NOT drinking and driving.
3. The followup to Rose Queen, will be titled Ringling Road and will be out in early 2015.
4. Green really like Josh Abbott's new song Hangin' Around, a song with the same title as his last single. But if we can only play one of 'em, it should be Will's
5. Will is heading back out on an acoustic run this Christmas with Randy Rogers and Sean McConnell. The second year in a row they've teamed up for this.
6. Randy Rogers has, at least once, dropped his kid off at school in his tour bus.
7. Randy makes Will sing after Sean, because really, who'd want to follow Sean McConnell.
Green's next project Ringling Road will be out early in 2015, and we are all excited to hear it. During this visit he sang the title track for us, a song that Will should look into licensing to American Horror Story: Freak Show, it's a great song, and would fit this season perfect.
And finally, before he loaded up in his truck and headed out, Will was kind enough to explain to me the thought process of not releasing Dead or in Jail as a single, something I (and his own mother) would have really, really liked to see him do. Plus we play the song for the last time ever on radio, or is it?